CoParenting Talk (a discussion forum)
Sign in to follow this  
jimdahl

Coparenting in the news: an app w/built-in mediation, viral dad/stepdad "daddy daughter" pics, difficult coparents

Co-parenting app helps mediate - Fast Company

“Our professionals focus on specific, individual, and non-legal issues,” Ellsworth adds, noting that up to 80% of what people bring to court are non-legal, co-parenting issues, and they help co-parents make child-centric agreements.

Verk says that these professionals are contracted by coParenter, though the platform can integrate with law and mediation firms, third-party providers, and even family court services who want to provide and charge services on their own.

’One unique family’: Dad and stepdad-to-be inspire with harmonious co-parenting of little girl

“The guy to the left is myself (Daddy, Daddy Dylan or Bonus Dad), in the middle is of course our Princess Willow and the guy to the right is David (Daddy, Daddy David or biological Dad),” the post reads.

Woodling: Co-parenting suggestions for when ex is difficult - Florida Today

My ex-husband is very difficult to communicate with. The issues we had in our marriage are still present in our co-parenting relationship including dishonesty, lack of personal responsibility, passive aggressive comments, no empathy for others and making his needs the top priority.

The children are getting old enough where they are picking up on these patterns as well.

Our therapist at one point suggested he had a narcissistic personality disorder. I’m trying hard to keep things as peaceful as possible, but it seems impossible sometimes to communicate peacefully with him if I don’t just give into his every demand.

I came across this article that I think summarizes it nicely:

What type of relationship should I have with my co-parent now we're divorced?

The study found three types of good post-separation parental relationships: allied, arm’s length and autonomous. These differed in their communication and family practices shared by parents.

An important point is that all three of these are good parenting relationships. People so often seem to hold up "allied" as the ideal, but arm's length and autonomous can both be good parenting relationships, and more realistic for many people's divorces.

https://goodmenproject.com/divorce/9-tips-for-co-parenting-with-a-difficult-ex-kfnn-cmtt/

Article points out that one of the things everyone should think about is if co-parenting is even possible in their relationship (by that they mean highly cooperative and coordinate parenting). In some situations the kids are better off with "parallel parenting" (which I think is really just low contact coparenting), because the parents don't get along so trying to coordinate too much actually makes things worse.