CoParenting Talk (a discussion forum)
Sign in to follow this  
jimdahl

Coparenting in the news: Kardashian/Disick, sticking to your custody agreement, and platonic parenting

Kourtney Kardashian's holiday vacation with Scott Disick & Sofia Ritchie is co-parenting goals

Take Kourtney Kardashian's vacation with Scott Disick and Sofia Richie this holiday season. Yes, you read that correctly — all three of them were spotted lounging on a beach together, along with Kourtney and Scott's three kids Mason, Penelope, and Reign. This is a major step for everyone involved and to be honest, it looks so relaxing and healthy. Plus, it's a holiday. It's not just some random trip.

For newly divorced, it's important to stick to custody agreement over holidays

As much as I love boundaries, I also believe in being reasonable and kind. So are there other choices that will allow you to uphold the boundary while honoring your daughter's wish? Could Mom come over in the morning to open gifts and have a little coffee and breakfast? Can you stop by Mom's house in the afternoon?

Is 'platonic parenting' the relationship of the future?

Platonic parenting, also referred to as ‘co-parenting’, is a term used to define people who are not romantically involved with each other who decide to raise a child together.

Edited by jimdahl

I'm not sure being able to hang out with the coparent and their new BF/GF is the ultimate goal of coparenting. Good coparenting is doing what's best for the kids. If your relationship with your coparent is such that hanging out with them and a new BF/GF is fun for you, great, but you can still be just as good a coparent if not. I don't love the frequently repeated idea that the ideal of coparenting is both parents and their new partners all hanging out happily together.