CoParenting Talk (a discussion forum)
Sign in to follow this  
vadad

Holiday schedules

So far we're just doing Thanksgiving with one parent. We had some talks about trying to do something together this year, but didn't manage to talk enough about it to come to an agreement. So, the kids spent Thanksgiving with mom and her parents, but I made a Thanksgiving meal and celebrated with them on Wednesday, then I'll get them back for the weekend.

Yep, we had an early Thanksgiving dinner then the kids went to dads. Everyone gets to celebrate the holiday, and the kids get to spend the holiday with both parents!

Our plan is to split Christmas this year with a bit of back-and-forth. She'll get them Christmas Eve Day, including the evening, but I get them at bedtime so they wake up at my place on Christmas Day. I do Christmas Day, but according to the standard schedule that's actually her day, so they'll go back to her at the end of the day. I'm hoping we work it out so we spend some (most?) of that time together as a family, but it's only a week away and my outreach so far has been ignored.

This is pretty much the only holiday we split like that, everything else we alternate years. But, neither of us are yet willing to give up Christmas entirely. The only drawback is it means no travel for either of us, so she took the kids to do Christmas with her side of the family last weekend.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this